4.23.2009

The State of the Breck Family

I know, it's been forever since I've actually updated this blog. I'm so very bad at this. April 7th my baby boy was born at 7:54pm. He was 9lbs 6oz and 21" long. I was scheduled to be induced, but I went into labor on the very day it was scheduled for. Apparently, my boy decided he should come along on his own if they were just going to make him come along anyway.

My girl is feeling a bit neglected and acting out a tad, but she's handling pretty darn good, in my opinion. She's made a comment or two about it being better when the baby isn't crying, but she hasn't tried to tip him out of the bassinet or anything. She's just [mostly] patiently waiting for him to get older so he cries less and can actually play with her a bit.

In other news, Baby Girl is sick right now. She's got an ear infect and, I believe, a cold as well. It makes her very grumpy and contrary. This doesn't make my husband happy. We're hoping she gets over the jealousy and that her baby brother gets settled in soon enough so that we can pay more attention to her.

Little Man was fussy as can be for a few days, and I couldn't figure out why. It turns out that, unlike his big sister, he's very sensitive to the caffeine I take in. Of course, I had gone back to drinking pop a lot. So, I cut that out, and he was still a bit reluctant to breast feed. Then I figured out that he's only reluctant when we're back in my room. So, with the exception of night time feedings, we'll be doing that in the living room. I'm just glad we figured it out, because I was getting very frustrated and discouraged. However, now that he's figured out he's going to be in the living room, he's making up for all the feeding he didn't do before. I'll keep my water handy so I can keep hydrated.



p.s. I've lost over half the weight I gained while pregnant. However, I still need to get into shape. However, all the swelling [you can see it in the second image] is finally gone.

1 comment:

DeeDee said...

Congratulations, Tonya!

Wow, what a cute little fella. Look at all that hair! :)

Don't worry about your little madam; all older kids take a bit of time to adjust to a new arrival. She'll be pleased as punch as soon as he's old enough for her to play with!

Regards,
Dee.