5.10.2009

Happy Mother's Day

Not only is it mother's day, but it's also my husband's birthday. So, I have two pictures to share. One is of my Mother's Day gift, and the other is my husband's birthday gift.

Yes, my husband bought this for himself. He's apparently in desperate need of a coffee cup to take to work. You know, when I married him, he didn't even touch coffee. Now, he's at Starbucks just about everyday and one of the first things we bought when we got here was a coffee pot. Also, my daughter and I made that card for him yesterday. It took us forever because my son was fussy and refused to be set down anywhere.


I really did need these new slippers. My old ones [almost a year old] were falling apart. These ones are higher quality. That card/wall hanging? Yeah, my daughter showed that to me Friday when she came home from school. She has issues with keeping things secret and hidden. I'm lucky she hasn't tried to discuss the ins and outs of breastfeeding and changing diapers at the bus stop in the mornings.

One day, my daughter is actually going to get a chance to pick out the gifts she gives to us.

One day. In other news, my daughter is growing less and less resentful of my son's crying. Still, she's being handling this like a champion. I've discovered she copes best if I have her helping me with him. She's gotten good at remember what all we need for diaper changes and keeping track of where his binky is. She's a godsend.

6 comments:

Velvetwhip said...

I am very proud of your girl! And those slippers are so pretty!

Gabrielle

Tonya said...

I am very proud of your girl! And those slippers are so pretty!

Gabrielle



She's my little angel!

Unknown said...

Your girl is so clever the cards are gorgeous.

Sorry I have been away and missed the lovely photos in your previous entry. He is a gorgeous baby. Great to hear that you didn't need to be induced and that everything went well. Glad things are settling down and that everyone is getting into a routine.

Tonya said...

Your girl is so clever the cards are gorgeous.

Sorry I have been away and missed the lovely photos in your previous entry. He is a gorgeous baby. Great to hear that you didn't need to be induced and that everything went well. Glad things are settling down and that everyone is getting into a routine.



Thank you! I heard about your son. I don't know if I'd be handling the upcoming separation as well as you are. I'm clingy like that.

Unknown said...

Those slippers look super-comfy! And the card is terrific!


Kathy

Tonya said...

Those slippers look super-comfy! And the card is terrific!


Kathy



They are super-comfy!